The word Marma comes from Sanskrit origin word ‘mri’ meaning death. The Sanskrit phrase,
‘Marayate Iti Marmani’, also means death or serious damage to body or health after infliction to the
point of their situation. Hence these areas are called Marma.
Marma therapy is an ancient Indian practice that focuses on the manipulation of subtle energy (prana) in the body for supporting the healing process. Marma therapy is based on the utilization of 107 points in the body which are categorized based on their effect on the vitality of the body. These points are considered to be the access points to body, mind, and consciousness. Knowledge of Marma allows the practitioner to influence the flow of prana through both the Sthula Shareer and Sukshma Shareer for the purpose of restoring health and calmness.
Marma therapies are profound and work at many levels - physical, emotional, mental and spiritual and can create dramatic shifts in the body. The benefits are mentioned below:
• Relief from chronic or acute pain, both locally and distally
• Detoxification at all levels.
• Significant improvement in bodily/organ functions, especially immunity, digestive, respiratory
• neural & psychological Healthier skin and a radiant appearance
• Balances body temperature and can balance the Doshas
• Releases neuro-chemicals such as serotonin, melatonin for improved cognitive function and deeper sleep
• Higher energy levels
Sign up for our mailing list to get latest updates and offers.